Sitecore upgrade to SXA
Let's assume we are on Sitecore 8.2 and upgrading to Sitecore 9.3. Here is the approach we can take to migrate the data from 8.2 to 9.3
- Install Sitecore 9.3 vanilla with SXA.
- Download the production master database of 9.0.1
- Use RAZL to copy custom templates, Layouts, and content to Sitecore 9.3
- Use RAZL to copy content items (data sources) for each component from the old site to Sitecore 9.3 SXA data folder
- Identify the components which can be SXA components. Find those component templates and map those fields to SXA fields.
- Run a PowerShell script to transform the old template to the SXA template.
- Tweak the script to create the folder structure.
- Repeat the step above for all the components.
Thanks to Bruce Davis-Goff for the great article - https://www.konabos.com/blog/lift-and-shift-to-sitecore-sxa-migration-the-easy-way